William Hutchison – 3rd Great Grandfather (for family reference, this is Robert Lee Updegraff’s great grandfather)
- Missing 1900 census
- Unknown death date (estimate
- Unknown birth date (estimate 1821-1825)
- No actual sources for connection to parents (DNA has confirmed though)
Williams parents were Forgus Hutchison (1798-1860) and Jane Campbell (1800-1872).
William appears in the Census from 1850-1880 and is living with his wife and children. His birth years range from 1815-1825. There are multiple un-sourced ancestry.com trees that list a 1904 death date and the nickname “Fox Bill” or “William Fox,” but no one has any idea where it came from.
I couldn’t find William’s will at the Butler County office, but I did find his father’s *very long* one with lists of items for various people, but never mentioning specifically his son William. The 1900 Census would certainly provide more information, but I haven’t been able to find it.
William Hutchison married Ann Marie Jamison and had the following known children:
- Forgus M Hutchison 1846-1912, m. Eliza Fleming
- Mary Elvira Hutchison 1848-1915, m. John Elliott Snowden
- Thompson Jamison Hutchison 1851-1907, m. Alice Brady
- Margaret A Hutchison 1853-1920, m. — Thompson
- Amanda Jane Hutchison 1857-1916, m. Gilbert Ewing
- Alexander Campbell Hutchinson 1858-1940 (2nd great grandfather), m. Loretta Zillifro
- Euphemia E Hutchison 1860-1906, m. Edward M Dieter
- Rosetta Hutchison 1864-1910, m. Lincoln Saylor
- William Hutchison 1869-bef 1880
Alexander Campbell Hutchinson – 2nd Great Grandfather (for family reference, this is Robert Lee Updegraff’s grandfather)
Update February 2017: Alexander Campbell is less of a mystery thanks to finding his death certificate, obituary, and release of the 1940 census. Updated blog post: Alexander Campbell Hutchison.
*Originally published October 2011, updated February 2017